Nothing says Mexican breakfast like Huevos Rancheros, the combination of flavors textures and colors makes you want them every single day... not joking they do get addictive.
The first time I made this they turned out perfect, I've seen how it was made a couple of times but never venture myself to actually make them and let me tell you they are so easy to make and it will satisfy your cravings for a good breakfast.
Let's start with the ingredients:
-2 garlic cloves
1. Start by cleaning the jalapeño, remove the seeds and cut in half. Add them to a hot pan with 2 tablespoons of oil as well as the onions and garlic and cook them until they change color and are soft. proceed to add the tomatoes, cilantro stir and cover.
2. Once the vegetables are soft throw them on a blender and add water just enough to barely cover them and blend for about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sauce to a hot pan with chicken broth powder (consome) or salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and set aside.
3. Fry the tortillas one by one in a pan with oil until you have a soft tostada, get rid of the excess of oil and set aside. While you are doing that start making sunny side eggs, season with salt or pepper and cook some more pouring some of the hot oil on top of the egg.
4. Place the tortilla (s) on a plate and on top of that add the egg, the sauce and green onions. Usually the rule is one egg per tortilla.
5. Garnish the dish with avocado, cilantro and a wedge of lemon for freshness. As an option you can sprinkle cheese on top. You are done, enjoy!
Below you can find the detailed video on how to make this recipe.
Thanks for checking my blog!