Family gathering are always fun, and one thing I like is that I get to try a little bit of everybody's kitchen when they bring their share of dishes to share with the entire family. Besides it takes the burden of being in the kitchen all day for just one person.
That's why I want to share this recipe with you that goes perfect for those gatherings, mini cherry pie baskets. Personally I like them for 4th of July or any other event.
-1 cup of flour
-1/2 tsp of salt
-6 tbsp of cold water
-4 tbsp of cold butter
-1 can of cherries
-Extra flour to roll the dough
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350° F.
2. In a bowl or flat surface mix the flour and salt until they are incorporated. Add the butter and mix with a butter cutter until incorporated.
3. Slowly add the water until you have a uniform dough. Set aside. Grease the cupcake trays with butter so the dough doesn't stick.
4. In a floured surface roll the dough until you flat and cut circles an inch bigger than circumference of the cupcakes. Press the cut out dough inside the cupcake tray and fill with the cherries.
5. Use the remaining dough to make stripes or shapes to cover the pies, I decided to make a basket pie.
6. Egg wash the top of the pie and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until brown. Remove from oven and let them cool.
7. Plate and serve with cold whipped cream.
My son loved this dessert and we had cold lemonade with it just perfect, let me know what do you think.
Check out the videos if you need more detail instruction.
Thanks for reading my blog.