Summer is pretty much gone but I still have the cravings for cold foods and beverages since where I live tends to get pretty hot even on winter.
While I went grocery shopping I found myself right by the frozen aisle and saw the shrimp and I couldn't resist to get some and make myself shrimp cocktail.
One of the plus for this recipe is that you don't need to buy too much because you can make it last for everybody with all the vegetables that you add.
For this recipes you are going to need.
-1 pound of shrimp (I got mine pre-cooked and peeled)
-2 or 3 tomatoes
-2 stalks for celery
-1/2 and onion
-1/8 cup of cilantro
-2 avocados more if needed
-3 cups of tomato juice (Clamato)
-Hot sauce ( I used tapatio)
-Lemon or limes
-Salt and pepper
1. Cut all the vegetables in squares, the size depends on your preference. Set aside.
2. Even tho the shrimp I picked was already cooked I decided to cook it for a couple of minutes. I use just a pan with hot water for less than 5 minutes, I needed the shrimp water for the recipe. If you are using raw shrimp don't forget to devein them and remove the skin and tail.
3. Place the vegetables in a bowl big enough to fit everything and add the tomato juice/ clamato, add a little of the hot sauce and ketchup the quantities depend on your taste. Salt and pepper as well.
4. Take the shrimp out of the hot water and place in a bowl with cold water and ice so they can cool down, remove, cut in half and add to the vegetable bowl. Set aside a couple shrimps for garnishing.
5. In a cup add ketchup on the bottom and fill all the way to the top. Finish the dish and avocado more ketchup, hot sauce and lemon if needed. Serve with saltines.
That's it, so simple!
Here is the video recipe if you want more detailed directions.
Thank you for reading my blog!